What is ChapterMaker?
ChapterMaker is a completely free and open source application for the creation and editing of video chapter files as used in Matroska (MKV) files. It provides a host of features that allow tremendous flexibility in the way that the files are prepared, but the priority during design was to make the functionality simple to use.
Some of the features of ChapterMaker include:
- Drag 'n' drop loading of chapter times and/or titles
- Import chapter information from ChapterDB web site
- Variety of time editing tools including scaling and shifting
- Title editing includes a "title case" formatting utility
- Outputs to XML, OGM or plain text format chapter files
- Reads and writes to MKV file using MKVToolNix
ChapterMaker has been developed for the Windows operating system; however, it has been designed as a portable application. This means that it can be installed and run from any drive or directory (including a USB stick) and does not use the Windows registry. Configuration files are stored in the same directory as the program by default.
Downloads & Support
The ChapterMaker application is being hosted on SourceForge for downloading and support. Support is available through a Wiki as well as a Discussion Forum. Tracking and management of bug reports and enhancement requests is also being handled on SourceForge.
Authors and Contributors
ChapterMaker's author and maintainer is Bob Swift. This project has not had any other contributers yet, although improvement ideas and help are always welcome.